WYD KIWI AMBASSADORS

Kia ora and welcome to the Kiwi Ambassadors Blog Site.

Here you will find the comments of six fabulous young New Zealanders representing each Catholic Diocese of New Zealand on their way to World Youth Day in Sydney July 15-20.



Friday, March 28, 2008

Go Tell Everyone!

Kia Ora, if you’ve been wondering where I’ve been because you haven’t heard from me in a while its that I have been so involved in the Holy Week and Easter liturgies for our Parish.
So now that those celebrations are over, I can finally sit down and write to you.

But no sooner have I begun writing, I realise that another huge celebration is looming very soon….

I can remember when our diocese first started to prepare for World Youth Day 2008. It was in July 2006! Bishop Pat hosted Bishop Anthony Fisher who is the Bishop in charge of WYD08. When +Anthony visited he met with many interested people and outlined Sydney’s plans for WYD.

Its mind blowing to think that we began preparing for WYD 2008 a whopping 637 days ago. I mention the time in days because on April 8th 2008, we officially count-down the last 100 DAYS to World Youth Day.

To mark that significant milestone a National countdown will be initiated at Aotea Square on Tuesday 8th April beginning at 11.30am. Dignitaries and celebrities will be there…and I hope you will be there too! We’ll have live bands and a few speakers, but the main event is the official 100 day countdown launch. Yeah I know its during the week, but just ask the boss for an early (an extended) lunch break… The whole event will be about an hour so come along.

You may also decide to do something special to mark the event in your own parish or school. Why not even start your own 100 day countdown clock outside your school or church. If you think you might plan something then give me a buzz and I’ll tell the world!

After all, this is WORLD Youth Day… and we want the WORLD to know about it!!!

Well my friends, I hope to see you at Aotea Square! Don’t keep the faith… share it!

Easter Blessings!
Manuel

No comments: